Laser hair removal is the process of removing unwanted hair from virtually any part of your body. Unlike waxing, shaving, or electrolysis, you get permanent reduction with each treatment. Five treatments are generally needed for optimal results. Professional laser hair removal provides permanent hair reduction, according to the FDA, because it offers long term stable reduction in the number of hairs re-growing after a treatment regimen.
- The percentage of hairs removed per session varies by location on the body, with thinner-skinned areas (e.g., armpits and bikini area) generally responding better than thick-skinned areas (e.g., back and chin).
- About 10 percent to 25 percent reduction in hair growth can be expected with each treatment.
- Treatments are repeated every four to eight weeks.
- The hair that regrows following treatment tends to be lighter and finer in texture.
- Patients are instructed to avoid sun exposure and to use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of 30 or higher following the procedure.
Dr. Michelle Parsons’ Med Spa in Rehoboth Beach Delaware has the ONLY laser hair removal system in the area with an ultra fast scanner for your convenience and comfort.
We are able to offer you effective, fast and comfortable laser hair removal treatments with our American made Sciton 1064 NdYag laser and Intense Pulsed Light systems, depending on your individual hair care needs.